Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons strives to mirror the rich diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice. We believe our clients are enriched by working with a diverse group of exceptional attorneys who, through different perspectives and experiences, allow us to offer more creative thinking and innovative solutions. Our firm fosters a culture of inclusion that respects and values the diverse backgrounds, beliefs, differences and life experiences of each individual.
As testament to our commitment to diversity, in 2006 the firm established the RJ&L Michael D. Nosler Scholarship. This scholarship provides the opportunity for a talented diverse second-year law student at either the University of Denver Sturm College of Law or the University of Colorado School of Law to receive a $10,000 scholarship toward his or her third-year law school tuition upon completion of a paid clerkship with RJ&L during the second trimester of the recipient's second year of law school. Please click here for detailed information on this scholarship.
Recognizing that recruitment is only one part of the efforts to promote a diverse workforce, RJ&L also undertakes focused efforts to ensure that once here all attorneys are provided full access to opportunities that will enhance and foster their professional growth. We take our commitment to diversity very seriously by actively and visibly supporting a variety of programs that promote the education and career development of minorities in the field of law -- a practice we will continue.
Some of the diversity activities the firm and its attorneys have been involved with include:
- RJ&L is a founding member of the Colorado Pledge to Diversity, a group of law firms that actively recruit minority law students, first as summer associates and ultimately as full-time attorneys upon graduation.
- Several lawyers serve on the Diversity in the Legal Profession Committee, a joint committee of the Denver and Colorado Bar Associations. The Committee works to promote equal employment opportunities in the field of law by sponsoring events that bring minority students together with practicing legal professionals.
- Working with the Colorado State University, the firm developed and underwrites a Diversity in Law Scholarship, which helps minority students pursue a legal education and ultimately a law-related career.
- The firm regularly participates in fundraising activities and recruiting fairs sponsored by the Hispanic National Bar Association.
- The firm is an annual sponsor and participant of the Rocky Mountain Minority Legal Career Fair.
- RJ&L is a recipient of the "Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award" presented by the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association.
- RJ&L is a longtime supporter of the Colorado Women's Bar Association through its continued annual sponsorship of the Mary Lathrop Award which is presented to women who have excelled in the field of law.
- For many years the firm has worked with Denver Kids, Inc. to provide part-time job opportunities for at-risk high school students. In recognition of our many years of work with the Denver Kids program, the firm was awarded the Denver Kids, Inc. Richard Gooding Sharing Award in 2002.
- Several of our attorneys are involved in many women and minority based professional organizations, including the Colorado and National Hispanic Bar Associations, the Sam Cary Bar Association, the Colorado Women's Bar Association, the Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and Colorado Real Estate Women (CREW) -- just to name a few.